2019-2021 Central Region Awards
Central Region awards are offered to recognize outstanding projects that advance the goals and objectives of Central Region and NGC. This recognition inspires, motivates and encourages others to further their efforts and apply for awards.
2019 Award Dates
Covers projects: September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019
Due to CR Awards Chairman: September 10, 2019
Awarded: 2019 CR Convention in Missouri
2020 Award Dates
Covers projects: September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020
Due to CR Awards Chairman: September 10, 2020
Awarded: 2020 CR Convention in Indiana
Diane Neterer, CR Awards Chairman
6382 Shady Hills Lane
Fulton, MO 65251
NOTE: Use Central Region Awards Application Form.
• Limited to three pages, front of pages only. No report cover, binder or plastic sheets.
• Complete Central Region Application Form, which will be page one.
• Give brief summary of project, including photos, letters, financial information, publicity or other supporting data.
• Photos may be attached to pages or inserted electronically.
• The three pages may be sent electronically or by postal service.
• Keep copy for your records, as application will not be returned.
• Adhere to due dates listed above, except where noted. Late entries will not be judged.
Central Region Awards
CR Award #1 – Partnering with Youth in Planting America. Certificate and $50.00 to the club involving youth in planting pollinator plants, and teaching them the importance of pollination. Sponsor: Fran Stueck, Past Central Region Director, personal sponsor.
CR Award #2 – Planting Community Gardens. Certificate and $25.00 to a club that makes a difference in their community with plantings; may be annuals, perennials, native plants, wildflowers or vegetables. Sponsor: Sue Fuhrman, CR Plant America Chair
CR Award #3 – Sharing Gardens. Certificate and $50.00 to a club for holding an outstanding garden walk open to the public, a garden tea and/or tour, or a garden therapy outing. Sponsor: Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa, Inc.
CR Award #4 – Healing Gardens. Certificate and $50.00 to a club or individual for establishing or maintaining special gardens using pink flowers, such as container gardens or a memorial garden. Sponsor: Linda Dingee, CR Garden Therapy Chair, personal sponsor.
CR Award #5 – Caring Through Garden Therapy. Certificate and $50.00 to a club with the best program or project of services for an activity with nursing homes, senior centers, developmentally and/or physically challenged. Sponsor: The Garden Clubs of Illinois, Inc.
CR Award #6 – Preserving Our Land. Certificate and $50.00 to a district, club or member for outstanding work in the field of conservation, natural resources or wildlife refuge. May be with youth and/or adults. Sponsor: Federated Garden Clubs of Missouri, Inc.
CR Award #7 – Protecting Our Butterflies
- 7a – Monarch Waystations. Certificate and $25.00 to the state registering the most Monarch Waystations. Sponsor: Bonnie Schwichtenberg, President of Federated Garden Clubs of Minnesota, personal sponsor
- 7b – Youth Garden Club. Certificate and $25.00 to a youth garden club participating In a butterfly garden project and/or Monarch tagging through Monarch Watch From the University of Kansas. Sponsor: Bonnie Schwichtenberg, President of Federated Garden Clubs of Minnesota, personal sponsor.
CR Award #8 – Promoting National Garden Week. Certificate and $50.00 to a club documenting activities held in celebration of National Garden Week.
Sponsor: The Garden Clubs of Indiana, Inc.
CR Award #9 – Sharing Creativity. Eligible: Club, Council, District and State Flower Shows.
- 9a – Certificate and $25.00 for best overall Standard Flower Show Schedule. Submit Application form and one copy of schedule. Sponsor: Illinois Judges Council
- 9b – Certificate and $25.00 for best Standard Flower Show Horticulture Division. Award will be based on show’s schedule listing correct scientifically named Horticulture classes, and number of horticulture entries in proportion to size of Club. Submit one copy of schedule with application and supporting data. Sponsor: Nancy Bahn, CR Landscape Design School Chair
- 9c – Certificate and $25.00 for highest scoring Flower Show Educational Exhibit. Submit one copy of schedule with application and supporting data. Sponsor: Edie Dyer-Wilson, CR Environmental School Chair
CR Award #10 – Sharing CR Talents in Vision of Beauty Calendar. Certificate and $25.00 to the CR state with the largest number of entries featured in the NGC Vision of Beauty Calendar. No application required. Sponsor: Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc.
- 10a – 2019 Vision of Beauty calendar — awarded in Missouri
- 10b – 2020 Vision of Beauty calendar – awarded in Indiana
CR Award #11 – Honoring Veterans-Blue & Gold Star Memorials. Certificate and $50.00 to a member, club, council, or state for outstanding work in establishing Blue Star and/or Gold Star Memorials. Sponsor: Federated Garden Clubs of Minnesota, Inc.
CR Award #12 – Celebrating Life Memberships. Certificate and $25.00 to the club acquiring the most new CR Life Members. Sponsor: Wisconsin Garden Club Federation
CR Award #13 – Youth Activities Award. Certificate and $25.00 to the State Garden Club with the highest percentage of participation in NGC Youth Award Programs for 2019 and 2020 (Poetry, Essay, Sculpture, Smokey Bear/Woodsy Owl Poster). State Youth Activities Chairman will report by March 1 of each year to CR Youth Activities Chairman, firstname.lastname@example.org. Will be awarded at CR gathering during 2020 and 2021 NGC Conventions. Sponsor: James Spavelka, personal sponsor.
- Michigan Garden Club Awards
- Central Region Garden Club Awards
- National Garden Club Awards
- Yearbook Awards
- Flower Show Awards
- Youth Contests