NGC Award Directions
Submit applications electronically whenever possible to General Awards Chairman: Sue Soderberg, 4600 Acorn Drive, Traverse City, MI 49685-9692, c231-357-9811 h231-929-1867 email@example.com
Application form is limited to three pages, plus the cover sheet, front of pages only. (No report cover or binders allowed. No plastic sheets allowed). (Exception may apply read award requirements carefully)
- Award Size Club Groups are: Small 1-20 members, Medium 21-50 members, and Large 51+ members.
- Application form will not be returned. (Exceptions: publication (i.e., books, CD, DVD). Copy entry for your files.
- Download the Application to your computer and rename it and save it. Save it in the following way and order Award Category Abbreviation, Award Number with A,B,C,or D if applicable, Club Name (Please leave off Garden Club), and Size (S,M,L,Council, or District). example CE1DEdensS
- It is preferred that you send your Award in pdf format. Word will be accepted.
- If you can, combine your file in one document with the Cover Sheet being the first page. If you can’t, combine the documents put a 1 after you club size for the cover sheet and a 2 after the file for the rest of the report. (ex CE1DEdensS1 and CE1DEdensS2) The two documents will then be combined by MGC..
NOTE: ALL general awards are due to MGC State Awards Chair no later than Oct. 1st.
Using three pages total (single-sided)not counting the cover sheet. Please complete each topic, if applicable. Use numbering below as a guide when completing form. Refer to the scoring rubric used for a general or specific award to help you fill out your application.
- Brief summary and objectives of project.
- Involvement of club members, other organizations, etc.
- Project expenses and means of funding.
- Continuing involvement, follow-up, maintenance.
- Attach or insert photos, digital photos, and/or landscape plan (does not need to be professionally drawn).
DEADLINE: To your state’s Award Chairman by your state’s deadline.
- Michigan Garden Club Awards
- Central Region Garden Club Awards
- National Garden Club Awards
- Yearbook Awards
- Flower Show Awards
- Youth Contests